The competition for buyers is as close as ever. For sellers, in order for their property to be noticed by many, they need to be innovative not just to entice as many inquiries as possible, but also to increase the property’s value.Here are a few tips on how to boost your property’s worth and get the attention it deserves.
1. Paint is important. According to an analysis of over 50,000 homes sold in the United States, those whose kitchens were painted in warm yellow hues were bought around $1,300 above house value. Kitchens with earthy tones like dove gray and sage green were also able to help rake in yields higher than expected.A kitchen painted with warm hues and earthy colors do not intimidate buyers from trying to keep a kitchen pristine-white clean, thus they tend to purchase the home.The choice of color not only increases or decreases a property unit price, but it also affects the potential buyer’s mood once he checks out the area. Fresh paint and its color is essential to a unit as it can dramatically change a space’s feeling and also signals that the unit has been taken care of and is in tip-top shape.
2. Deal with the questionable. Once a buyer enters a property, he or she is bound to inspect the place inside out to try to eliminate things that might draw their attention and bring to question certain things, such as weird decors and broken tiles. Questions asked about issues in the units (that could have been dealt with earlier) lessens the probability of a sale.Keep the unit clean and tidy, remove clutter, and make sure that everything is in its proper place. Also, maintenance is important to keep the property in shape.
3. Opt for custom-made. Properties like condominium units usually have limited space and makes furniture and fixture shopping difficult. It is highly advised to go for custom-made storages that will fit your unit’s layout perfectly. This will also test your creativity on how well you maximize the little space you have.
4. Be smart. Smart appliances can really sway unsure buyers because they are easy to use and maintain. Oftentimes, these can be connected and controlled by a smartphone or tablet, and are energy and money savers. Technology nowadays is a great help in showing off your property.
5. Go green. Having green utilities is a major plus. Going green means protecting the Earth and reducing carbon footprint. Buyers who ask about green utilities are increasing every year. This tells sellers that a lot of people are already conscious about going green.
6. Take note of the aesthetics. Step back and look at your property like an interested buyer would. Does it present a pleasant atmosphere? Is it clean or is it too cluttered? Do you think the layout is good or can it be altered for something much better?A well-thought out unit makes an impressive and lasting impression on interested buyers. Make their inspection a pleasant experience and give all their senses (not only their eyes), then, it will be a very good first impression.
7. Photos are influential. When you list your property online, your unit’s pictures represent your unit by showing what buyers can expect from your unit. These digital windows to your unit must be able to capture the attention of a buyer. It is important to upload realistic photos that will highlight the best features of your unit.